Tire thread tutorial.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Ambiguity
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Ambiguity »

I think I still endeed up with on triangle.

WireFrames:
Last edited by Ambiguity on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/[/align]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Tibs »

Ok try something like this, can you post a shot where I can see the points? Just straight from c4d, not rendered.

PS: maybe join the chat room? would be easier to help you out.
Last edited by Tibs on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
...
Ambiguity
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Ambiguity »

How do I join the chat room?
[align=center]Image

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/[/align]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Tibs »

If you have Mirc you go to

/server irc.publicservicesonline.com (6667)

and join #killagraphix

otherwise you go here

[url="http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html"]http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html[/url]
...
Ambiguity
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Ambiguity »

[quote name='Tibs' post='40330' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:31 AM'][url="http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html"]http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html[/url][/quote]
I think I need the Activex plugin for that, but when I go to the download page for it they don't have one for Mozilla 2.0+.
Do you have an MSN IM account?
[align=center]Image

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/[/align]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Tibs »

Check your PM inbox /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
...
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Josh »

Ambiguity, if the ActiveX doesn't work for you, you can always try out Javachat here: [url="http://publicservicesonline.com/chat/"]http://publicservicesonline.com/chat/[/url] We're in the #Killagraphix chatroom /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Ambiguity
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Ambiguity »

I finally figured it out guys, thanks for all the help everyone.

WireFrame /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' /> :
[url="http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtj3.png"][img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6538/untitledtj3.th.png[/img][/url]
[align=center]Image

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/[/align]
Marko
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:12 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Marko »

That looks pretty good. Except, where's the rest of the car? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Image
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Tibs »

Glad to see it worked out. You do have a rim that's quite heavy on poly's.

Anyway good job.
...
Ambiguity
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Tire thread tutorial.

Post by Ambiguity »

The edges of the rim come out way too straight without the Hyper NURBS.
[align=center]Image

http://graphics-pp.deviantart.com/[/align]
Post Reply

Return to “Cinema 4D”