Fairy In The Woods

Support for Graphics Questions

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

Needs some work, but here's an hours worth of work. There are a lot of details that you cannot see as I've resized it to a small resolution. When I'm finished with it, I will post the high resolution. Here is the concept I guess..

[attachment=2364:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Gadget »

Looks very nice /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
::Current::

Image
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

Getting more complicated. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...I can tell I don't pay attention to the titles I put on my images. *looks at the last one and looks at the current one*
Last edited by Josh on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Alexander
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:33 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Alexander »

you wanna introduce me to the girl holding the fairy? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />, lol
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

............. uh. My sister?
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

dang...alex didn't reply to that. Oh well lol, anyway, that was a joke. I actually get my female stocks from someone on dA. ([url="http://lisajen-stock.deviantart.com/"]Lisajen-stock[/url]) Actually, the fairy the female is holding is the same exact person lol /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Tami »

What type of background are you going to add? Also, (just a suggestion)...are you going to put a bit of a glow around the fairy?

The piece looks good so far, and I do see a bit of an improvement in the blending which we discussed last night. Did you make the tree yourself or is that part of the stock?
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

The tree is a stock also. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I came up with something similar without a stock for the tree, but it didn't have as much detail as I wanted as the stock does, so I used that one instead and trashed what I had previously... The tree work is 1.5 hours of work. I've actually added a couple more roots than the original stock had.

edit; Oops, forgot to talk about the fairy. The fairy is going to be very detailed as to what is surrounding her. She will have some glows, some dust, and some more small little details that will really give her the fairy feel. Right now I've just added wings so she represents a fairy. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> lol

edit again; Yeah, and I forgot to talk about the background. The background is going to be stock images of woods combined and edited to look like it's all one image...not individual stock images. I'm not too sure how I want the lighting, I can always fix that with hue's, saturation, color balance, and contrast later though.
Last edited by Josh on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Tami »

don't forget to add little sparkly lights in the background so that your piece has that "magical" feeling to it /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

MAGIC! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> YAY! /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Will do.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

3.5 hours work all together with this next one.
[attachment=2373:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

and I said let there be lotsa tree's!
[attachment=2374:attachment]


4 posts in a row =\ Anyway,,, 20 minutes later:
[attachment=2375:attachment]
(by the way, I made the female transparent a bit so you could see some of the detail I'm putting into the bottom of the trees)
Last edited by Josh on Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

[attachment=2376:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Tibs »

Looking really nice, I never saw anyone composite an image from other stock ones /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
...
Endo
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Endo »

Looking good josh, ATD makes the end result its best. Photo manips rock /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[align=center]

Image

[color=\"#333333\"]Last Blog:[/color][color=\"Green\"] SUMMER [/color][color=\"black\"](30/11/06)[/color]

[/align]
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Sylo-X- »

Its looking awesome, I cannt wait to see the finished piece
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

*stumbles in coming back from camp* Thank you all /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

[attachment=2391:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Gadget »

/ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />
::Current::

Image
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

Not very motivated to continue with this peice :\ ...Is anyone really dying to see the finished result? :\
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Tami »

/broomwack-shy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(broom)' />

finish it demmit /disgust.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(hmph)' />
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

ROFL. Ouch. /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Sylo-X- »

I was...If you dont finish it you better make something twice as cool...
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
travis
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:48 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by travis »

Yeah, I was kinda checkin' up on the progress myself there Dren. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(nod)' />
It was nice pos----ooo pretty colors
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

;\ ...fine.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
to@ds
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Fairy In The Woods

Post by to@ds »

Im going to comment and give some C&C on this one but I was going to wait until the finished article before saying anything on it unless I had any ideas or comments useful for the creation process.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]

[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

lol c&c away if you feel the need /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> I want this peice to look great in the end..if I ever get around to finishing it.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

the last part..lighting and making the fairy the main focus of the peice...it's harder than I thought =\

[attachment=2405:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Jim
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Jim »

I kinda like the lighting ;\ but meh, probably the only one xD
Love is all a matter of timing.

It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.

If I'd live in another time or place...

...my story might have had a very different ending.
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Fairy In The Woods

Post by Josh »

still not done.. have to add highlights and shadows and gahhhhh it's not gonna be fun lol
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Post Reply

Return to “2D Graphics”