Interior W.I.P.

Computer Graphics Projects From Our Members

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

Hey guys/girls,

I started a new project a while ago to model and render a nice looking concept interior. I will post some updates here and explain the lighting in the tutorial section. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


I am currently trying to get a nice feel to the whole picture /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
...
Marko
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:12 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Marko »

very nice tibs, your skills have come far /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Image
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tami »

How did you make the painting which is hanging on the wall? Was that done in C4D as well?
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

The painting is a simple cube object with a selection and a pic I got from the net /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
...
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Josh »

Small Friendly Critique coming;

@Outside; It needs a little work...I think you're using a sky object from C4D.. Maybe find a picture of the outdoors off of google or create a scene to put there instead of just the normal sky object. The room kind of looks like it is floating in the middle of no where /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

@Stairs; Under the stairs is a little bit dark..Maybe brighten it up a bit with an omni or something with a small brightness amount.

No way am I saying these are good critiques, but it's just what I see in the render (last one) anyway. I can't wait to see this interior finished...Ever heard of Maxwell render? I'm sure you have; Consider getting a trial of that (assuming there is one) and try lighting your scene with that...I'd like to see how realistic this scene could get /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Very well done, Tibs. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tami »

[quote name='Tibs' post='32158' date='Mar 6 2006, 09:43 AM']The painting is a simple cube object with a selection and a pic I got from the net /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />[/quote]

cheat0r lol

*runs away*
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
PaddyB
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Interior W.I.P.

Post by PaddyB »

Wow, those are really good lookin. Im currently learning maya right now (although im not very good at it), and I think the rendering on those look great. What program did you use to make them?
Image
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Josh »

He's our Cinema 4D guru, PaddyB /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

@ Dren : i'm not using a sky object /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> it's just a plane behind the window. And it's normally dark under stairs isn't it?

@ Everyone : thanks for the great comments, here's an update.
...
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tami »

Is that the executive lounge at KN HQ? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

Could be /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
...
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

Here's an update, any comments? I really wanna get this perfect.
...
Marko
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:12 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Marko »

In my opinion the green circle things below those objects are too bright and don't fit in with the scene very well. Also maybe make a light glassy effect for the window where you see the snow and finally maybe make those 'table' like squares abit less glossy. Thats about it, at first I didn't notice what you changed, but I see its the lighting, the new update is much better, keep working on it, it very good.
Image
Tibs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tibs »

FINAL RENDER, took my machien 3hours and 45 min. to render out so I hope you like it.
...
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Josh »

Ah...the verticle blinds add a nice touch. Well done.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Tami »

I agree with Josh, the vertical blinds look alot better than the scene you had in the window before, and the area rug texture looks very realistic. Very well done, Tibs. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Vercz
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Interior W.I.P.

Post by Vercz »

ahh the things you -cant- do with a set of vertical blinds /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

very nice work tibs, i love the contrasts youve made in it, with the black and white... looks very artsy /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Image

Image
R4PTOR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 am

Interior W.I.P.

Post by R4PTOR »

/shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> Wow, very nice. I honestly can't see ANYTHING wrong with it... /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
Image



Let them hate, as long as they fear
Post Reply

Return to “The Studio”