Unable to Change WinXP Theme

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Locked
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Unable to Change WinXP Theme

Post by Josh »

So I haven't changed my Windows XP theme in a really long time and I saw a theme that looked nice. I installed it, tried to use it and I got an error and it said the following:

[quote name='error message']The visual styles could not be loaded. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.[/quote]

And when it tries to generate a preview of it, it's not there, at all.

[img]http://xs110.xs.to/xs110/06485/visstyle.png[/img]


Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? I'm going to try a reboot and if that doesn't fix it I won't delete this thread /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Thanks in advanced,
--d
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
NightStorm
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am

Unable to Change WinXP Theme

Post by NightStorm »

Have you tried to patch your Windows so that it allows dynamic themes to be loaded?
[align=center]Image



[gamertag]NightStormDraco[/gamertag]

[twitter]NightStormDraco[/twitter]

[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Unable to Change WinXP Theme

Post by Josh »

So apparently a reboot just fixed it... I'm not sure why, but what ev lol. So I guess we'll lock this topic, thanks for the attempt of help NightStorm /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Just for it, here is some cookies. /cookie7ql.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(kobra)' /> /balamm_guarding_the_cookie_jar.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(jar)' />
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Locked

Return to “Windows Help”