Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Curious to know who uses which browser & why you prefer it.

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
IE because I can't get used to Others >.< lol
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I like Mozzila for the pop up blocker, and the slime line nav bar etc, but sometimes it does do strange things to websites, and I think to myself, why am I using it. But 9 times out of 10, its fine.
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]
[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
[/align][align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]
[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
-
Shydragonchic
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 452
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:42 am
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
errr IE cause thats all I've ever used.....tried netscape....but IE is more familiar
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
After being a IE user for 4ish/5 years, the other day i finally got FireFox, because IE seemed to be going really slow ever since i updated it with that critical patch, but i have to say after nearly 3 days of firefox use, i dont miss it at all! I still voted IE though because i used it more then firefox, but i just love firefox to bits, the fact that you can download extensions, have window tabs so you dont have to have thousands of windows open, the themes is a great idea too, and theres so much to customize i really love it! I would reconmend it to anyone who asked, though i took Mobes advice and kept ie, but i dont relly want to use it unless i really have to, firefox gets a 10/10 for me, IE still gets a good ol 7 but only because we have seen some good times together /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> I just hope, if and when IE7 comes out that its alot more user friendly in some divisions and people stop finding bloody exploits in which i have to download patchs for /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
i pretty much always use Mozilla...sometimes i will go into firefox, i find it loads pages a bit quicker...and if im working with anything to do with css, or viewing css..ill view with IE...but thats pretty much the only time that IE gets opened. i pick Mozilla
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I picked firefox because of
- tabbed browsing
- standard compiance
- popup blockers
- security
- + many other features
I still use IE occasionally because most sites are designed with IE in mind - and IE does not support standards. Most people who use Firefox for a few days will never go back, it has everything IE has + a lot more.
- tabbed browsing
- standard compiance
- popup blockers
- security
- + many other features
I still use IE occasionally because most sites are designed with IE in mind - and IE does not support standards. Most people who use Firefox for a few days will never go back, it has everything IE has + a lot more.
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Firefox user here too, i chose it for security, the loading times are alot faster than IE (you notice that on dialup) and it tends to handle most stuff better. The extensions are a plus too.
I use IE for some of those sites that dont agree with firefox, and i use IE for visiting MSN Groups, of which im an active member of quite a few (8 to be exact) because MSN decided to code into their groups sites that if your using IE they give you the text editing bar at the top of the "Post messages" thing, but with other browsers you can only post in plain black and white arial, and you cant add images hosted off site and stuff, because you cant actually POST images without using the "Add File" thing"
That would be my view on it all, lol. take it or leave it =D.
(sorry, im no good at ending my posts today)
I use IE for some of those sites that dont agree with firefox, and i use IE for visiting MSN Groups, of which im an active member of quite a few (8 to be exact) because MSN decided to code into their groups sites that if your using IE they give you the text editing bar at the top of the "Post messages" thing, but with other browsers you can only post in plain black and white arial, and you cant add images hosted off site and stuff, because you cant actually POST images without using the "Add File" thing"
That would be my view on it all, lol. take it or leave it =D.
(sorry, im no good at ending my posts today)
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I had to vote "other" for this, as I use my linux browsers most often, (yea I know mozilla is one of them, but I prefer others)
I have yet to have a single problem with them, no crashes, even with huge pages, they load up (not loading pages, just loading the program) almost instantly.
I have yet to have a single problem with them, no crashes, even with huge pages, they load up (not loading pages, just loading the program) almost instantly.
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Has to be firefox for me, can't understand how I survived without tabs lol. Its also got some lovely theme options and a great number of extensions.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Mozilla Firefox, IE latey has been really pissing me off /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />
[align=center]

"Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time" ~ Radio Dj/Unknown Source
"Death is the inevitable end to the suffering of the living." ~Unknown
"You were born an original. Don't die a copy" ~Murdoc Niccals
[/align]

"Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time" ~ Radio Dj/Unknown Source
"Death is the inevitable end to the suffering of the living." ~Unknown
"You were born an original. Don't die a copy" ~Murdoc Niccals
[/align]
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
<font face="arial"><font color="#000000">nothing </font><font color="#FFFFFF">at </font><font color="#000000">all</font></font>
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
-
Skidz`Crew
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 437
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I'll have to go with IE cause I don't know any other /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
...
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
[quote name='Vulture' date='Aug 5 2004, 02:47 PM']Has to be firefox for me, can't understand how I survived without tabs lol. Its also got some lovely theme options and a great number of extensions.
[right][post="7123"][/post][/right][/quote]
lol, i love tabs too, but i forget i use them and like go to click the new window of where it usually would be (A)
[right][post="7123"][/post][/right][/quote]
lol, i love tabs too, but i forget i use them and like go to click the new window of where it usually would be (A)
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
i agree with the buzz on that one..i have no idea how i ever survived without tabs /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> ....it just makes everything SOO MUCH EASIER!!..and simpler
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Well i prefer to post in a mixture of black and white, but mixed with a nice bold, itallic Tahoma feel to it /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
<font face="tahoma"><i><b>
<font color="#000000">DO </font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">YOU </font>
<font color="#000000">MEAN </font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">LIKE </font>
<font color="#000000">THIS?</font>
</b></i></font>
<font color="#000000">DO </font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">YOU </font>
<font color="#000000">MEAN </font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">LIKE </font>
<font color="#000000">THIS?</font>
</b></i></font>
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Almost /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I am going with IE since that's the only thing I have ever used
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
I use IE because I've been using it since i was 6 and am too lazy to learn anything else /shades.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />
Last edited by Jim on Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is all a matter of timing.
It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.
If I'd live in another time or place...
...my story might have had a very different ending.
It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.
If I'd live in another time or place...
...my story might have had a very different ending.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
RIGHT ON! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
LMAO!...i got my mum to go to a site today...and she opened FIREFOX!!!
im like...go mum /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
im like...go mum /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
well i hit the IE vote.....i dont so much prefer it as im so used to it - precisely what microsoft intended no doubt along with their other products.
i remember using netscape once, but i was on dial up so that probably didnt help!
what are all these tabs your on about? oh, i remember i used to download skins for the ie window....but that was ages ago lol
i probably dont use the internet enough to need to change over, maybe three years ago i would have lol
Nem
i remember using netscape once, but i was on dial up so that probably didnt help!
what are all these tabs your on about? oh, i remember i used to download skins for the ie window....but that was ages ago lol
i probably dont use the internet enough to need to change over, maybe three years ago i would have lol
Nem

Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
<font face="verdana" color="#603621"><b>Tabs are cool nem /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> its like opening a page in a new window (which would happen in IE) but it opens the new page under a new tab in the same window, all it really does is save space on the taskbar, but I don't know how I ever lived without them /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /></b></font>
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Here ya go nem, this is tabbed browsing in firefox, you can see at the top of the window that you have a couple of different sites in the one firefox window, and you can do that with every firefox/mozilla window you have open.
[url="http://mobil1oils.killagraphix.com/images/photos/tabbed.gif"]Clickety /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> [/url]
[url="http://mobil1oils.killagraphix.com/images/photos/tabbed.gif"]Clickety /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> [/url]
Last edited by mobil1_oils on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Awww I'm so honored I'm in the screeny /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Weekly Poll August 3-August 10
Firefox. IE always had these bloody popup windows... If you want to test to see how good firefox is compared with IE, go to www.cheatcc.com with both and navigate to a game of your choice and write down the number of popups that come up with each browser. I only use firefox for the multiple tabs, the hidden download box and the popup blocker. (and the fact that it doesn't let random sites install spyware!)








