Favorite Author

Members\' Social Area: Birthdays, Jokes, Riddles, General Chat & Insanity

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Favorite Author

Post by Josh »

Who's your favorite author? I don't have one personally, just interested in everyone else's favorite.
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Favorite Author

Post by Tami »

I don't have just one favourite author, I have favourite authors for certain genres though.

Poetry: Byron, Shelley, Keats, Guy G. Kay
True Crime: Ann Rule
Sci-Fi/Fantasy: David Eddings, Robert Jordan, George R. R. Martin, L.E. Modesitt Jr., Tolkien, Guy G. Kay
Classics: Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters
PhotoShop Books: Scott Kelby
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Jim
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Favorite Author

Post by Jim »

I have a few too I guess... HL Mencken ( really only read his quotes, parents wouldn't let me read his books till recently ), Ayn Rand, Stephen King.
Love is all a matter of timing.

It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.

If I'd live in another time or place...

...my story might have had a very different ending.
fuseku
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:08 am

Favorite Author

Post by fuseku »

J. Richard Gott
Vercz
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Favorite Author

Post by Vercz »

I can't say that ive ever really had a favourite /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Image

Image
radar
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Favorite Author

Post by radar »

Isobelle Carmody for her work in the Obernewtyn Chronicles and the Dark* (Darksong, Darkfall, Darkbane) series, although she hasn't released the third yet.

David Eddings for his work in The Tamuli series.
err0r
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:10 pm

Favorite Author

Post by err0r »

Today
Dean R. Koontz /bow.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(bow)' />
Stephen King
Michael Crichton
John Grisham ( Mississippi boy done good )

Yesteryear
Edgar Allen Poe
William Faulkner ( ahhh mississippi what can i say )
Mark Twain
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great Books
Animal Farm
Lord of the Flies
Making great Mop Soup since 2004.
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Favorite Author

Post by Sylo-X- »

Favorite author would have to be Dave Pezler He wrote the books "A Child Called It", "The Lost Boy", and "A Man Named Dave"
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
Post Reply

Return to “Phoenix Lounge”