Dvorak keyboard

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Trinity
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:19 am

Dvorak keyboard

Post by Trinity »

Browsing today I came across the dvorak keyboard layout, an alternative to QWERTY. I had never heard of it before, though it is supposed to be a lot better for typing english. Has anyone had any experience with it, or tryied out any other keyboard layouts?

[url="http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/index.html"]http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/index.html[/url]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Dvorak keyboard

Post by Josh »

I've never seen this before...

I personally would never use a keyboard like that lol, I would never get used to the keys...I'd end up typing the words in jibberish because I'd be so used to typing normally :\
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
mobil1_oils
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm

Dvorak keyboard

Post by mobil1_oils »

Looks pretty wierd, that being said i'd still be willing to give it a try, but i'm still too used to the qwerty keyboard.

One question, where on earth did they get the "dvorak" name from? :s.
Endo
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 am

Dvorak keyboard

Post by Endo »

I personally dont think id cope trying it now, anyway. Isnt this keyboard common in other countries? Im sure the german girls translator keys arnt qwerty, although it doesnt show ('s:]> etc, the key layout is much different.

[quote name='Dvorak history']In the 1920's and 30s, August Dvorak and William Dealey designed the "simplified" keyboard now known by Dvorak's name.[/quote]
[align=center]

Image

[color=\"#333333\"]Last Blog:[/color][color=\"Green\"] SUMMER [/color][color=\"black\"](30/11/06)[/color]

[/align]
mobil1_oils
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm

Dvorak keyboard

Post by mobil1_oils »

Ahh, so thats where dvorak comes from...
radar
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Dvorak keyboard

Post by radar »

Like josh, I too would be typing jibberish.
Trinity
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:19 am

Dvorak keyboard

Post by Trinity »

It makes some good points, there are lots of words that are typed with one hand on QWERTY:

- opinion
- reward
- agree
- fact
- greater
- regard
Endo
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 am

Dvorak keyboard

Post by Endo »

Heh wow they are to!
[align=center]

Image

[color=\"#333333\"]Last Blog:[/color][color=\"Green\"] SUMMER [/color][color=\"black\"](30/11/06)[/color]

[/align]
radar
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Dvorak keyboard

Post by radar »

And one word typed with only one row of the keyboard "typewriter"
Post Reply

Return to “Geek Gadgets”