KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
-
FlyingDoggyJake
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 254
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
I'm happy to announce the release of The KillaNet Wallpaper Changer
The KillaNet Wallpaper Changer is designed to put the work of the best KillaNet designers in the hands of users of this program. It is a FREE download for anyone. To find out how it works and to download it
[url="http://changer.killanet.net/"]Visit Here[/url]
The reason I say it's for displaying the work of the "best" designers, is because you will have to win a [url="http://forums.killagraphix.com/index.php?showtopic=3886&hl="]wallpaper competition[/url] to get your wallpaper design added to the Wallpaper changer's library. All wallpapers will have the designer's name included with their wallpaper when displayed in the program... This means that any enquiries for design work may result in specific requests for particular designers based on their work.
Anyway... GOOD LUCK to everyone in the competitions ... I think we are all looking forward to seeing the entries!
The KillaNet Wallpaper Changer is designed to put the work of the best KillaNet designers in the hands of users of this program. It is a FREE download for anyone. To find out how it works and to download it
[url="http://changer.killanet.net/"]Visit Here[/url]
The reason I say it's for displaying the work of the "best" designers, is because you will have to win a [url="http://forums.killagraphix.com/index.php?showtopic=3886&hl="]wallpaper competition[/url] to get your wallpaper design added to the Wallpaper changer's library. All wallpapers will have the designer's name included with their wallpaper when displayed in the program... This means that any enquiries for design work may result in specific requests for particular designers based on their work.
Anyway... GOOD LUCK to everyone in the competitions ... I think we are all looking forward to seeing the entries!


KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
Thank you for the programme, Jake /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
With all of the great artists we have here, users of the programme can look forward to some high quality wallpapers /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
With all of the great artists we have here, users of the programme can look forward to some high quality wallpapers /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
Nice work Jake. Good to see it getting a release so soon /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
-
FlyingDoggyJake
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 254
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
Thanks guys Adaera and Sp3culuM /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />


KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
Looks cool Jake /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
*downloads*
*downloads*
Love is all a matter of timing.
It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.
If I'd live in another time or place...
...my story might have had a very different ending.
It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late.
If I'd live in another time or place...
...my story might have had a very different ending.
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
*sighs* i guess this marks an end for the banner competitions - there aint room enough for both of them on the forum!
Nem
Nem

KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
sure there is nem /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
/blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Why would the banner competitions end? All we did was add another contest, so now there are two...and there are more to come as well /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Why would the banner competitions end? All we did was add another contest, so now there are two...and there are more to come as well /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
this calls for a toga party......I think anyway
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
In all seriousness this does look like an excellent addition for killanet. i had a quick peek at the download for it and the screenshots shows a professional looking program i'm certainly interested in downloading. I havent heard of a wallpaper changer before, let alone one that promotes members of the forum the artwork is from.
As soon as i figure out where to download it to i'll have it up and running.
Well done Jake /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Nem
As soon as i figure out where to download it to i'll have it up and running.
Well done Jake /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Nem

-
FlyingDoggyJake
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 254
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
[quote]Looks cool Jake[/quote]Thanks Redrum /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[quote]this calls for a toga party[/quote]
* Digs through dresser drawers looking for toga
[quote]As soon as i figure out where to download it to i'll have it up and running[/quote]You can download it on [url="http://changer.killanet.net/"]the page posted above[/url]
[quote]Well done Jake[/quote]
Thank you /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[quote]this calls for a toga party[/quote]
* Digs through dresser drawers looking for toga
[quote]As soon as i figure out where to download it to i'll have it up and running[/quote]You can download it on [url="http://changer.killanet.net/"]the page posted above[/url]
[quote]Well done Jake[/quote]
Thank you /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />


KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
lol, no jake, i mean that i have to ask permission before downloading things /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> things get messy if i download anything myself lol
Nem
Nem

KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
hey FDJ, great work on the proggy and all..but with how it downloads files..could there be an option to check for updates? like, instead of only checking on startup. because my computer rarely gets turned off/restarted /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
just a button with "check for updates now" or something? ..worth asking i guess /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
just a button with "check for updates now" or something? ..worth asking i guess /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
-
FlyingDoggyJake
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 254
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
You bring up a very good point Vercz, it's actually something I've been addressing these last couple of days....
However, I won't put a button to "Check for updates" because that opens the door to people making rapid server requests. However, there is an internal timer that checks every 3 hours. But it occurred to me a couple days ago that the internal timer is useless, because it doesn't download a "new copy" from the server instead it takes from the cache. Furthermore, I'm not happy with the method of downloading anyway... you see, the program actually freezes for the duration of the download, which for high-speed is no big deal (a couple of seconds). But for dialup, this will become an issue.
So, to make a long story short, I've been putting together my own .ocx for the file transfers, which will eliminate all of the above mentioned issues. If all goes well I should have version 1.1 out by the end of the week.
Just to save face here a bit.... it's very common to have issues in the very first released versions of software. My main concern with first versions are:
1) Will it cause damage or problems on the users computer
2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull .... (ie. avoid crashing)
3) Can it be easily uninstalled so that there are no registry trails or other issues remaining on the user's computer
I felt certain that the answer to #1 was NO and reasonably confident that the answer to #2 was YES and certain that the answer to #3 was YES.... so I released version 1.0
However, there is always room for improvement and I really appreciate you pointing this out... I like to hear feedback (even if they are bugs) so that I can make improvements /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
However, I won't put a button to "Check for updates" because that opens the door to people making rapid server requests. However, there is an internal timer that checks every 3 hours. But it occurred to me a couple days ago that the internal timer is useless, because it doesn't download a "new copy" from the server instead it takes from the cache. Furthermore, I'm not happy with the method of downloading anyway... you see, the program actually freezes for the duration of the download, which for high-speed is no big deal (a couple of seconds). But for dialup, this will become an issue.
So, to make a long story short, I've been putting together my own .ocx for the file transfers, which will eliminate all of the above mentioned issues. If all goes well I should have version 1.1 out by the end of the week.
Just to save face here a bit.... it's very common to have issues in the very first released versions of software. My main concern with first versions are:
1) Will it cause damage or problems on the users computer
2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull .... (ie. avoid crashing)
3) Can it be easily uninstalled so that there are no registry trails or other issues remaining on the user's computer
I felt certain that the answer to #1 was NO and reasonably confident that the answer to #2 was YES and certain that the answer to #3 was YES.... so I released version 1.0
However, there is always room for improvement and I really appreciate you pointing this out... I like to hear feedback (even if they are bugs) so that I can make improvements /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />


KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
[quote]2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull ....[/quote]
And what's that supposed to mean hmmmm?
/blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
/witch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(witch)' />
And what's that supposed to mean hmmmm?
/blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
/witch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(witch)' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
-
Shydragonchic
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 452
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:42 am
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
[quote]2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull .... (ie. avoid crashing)[/quote]
Errrmmm, ok, now its time to let Ada and I *test* for that particular problem...if there's a way we'll find it /brows.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(brows)' />
Errrmmm, ok, now its time to let Ada and I *test* for that particular problem...if there's a way we'll find it /brows.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(brows)' />
-
FlyingDoggyJake
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 254
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
LOL
[quote]2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull ....[quote]And what's that supposed to mean hmmmm?[/quote][/quote]
Perhaps this will explain it for you... sticking with the terminology, when I released NitroX you would have been my number one stunt woman! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
[quote]Errrmmm, ok, now its time to let Ada and I *test* for that particular problem...if there's a way we'll find it[/quote]
* Is praising the lord that he isn't a *test* subject /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[quote]2) Does it work no matter what stunt a user may pull ....[quote]And what's that supposed to mean hmmmm?[/quote][/quote]
Perhaps this will explain it for you... sticking with the terminology, when I released NitroX you would have been my number one stunt woman! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
[quote]Errrmmm, ok, now its time to let Ada and I *test* for that particular problem...if there's a way we'll find it[/quote]
* Is praising the lord that he isn't a *test* subject /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Last edited by FlyingDoggyJake on Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.


KillaNet Wallpaper Changer - Released
[quote]Perhaps this will explain it for you... sticking with the terminology, when I released NitroX you would have been my number one stunt woman! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />[/quote]
smart answer...and no, you don't wanna be a "test" subject lmao ....
smart answer...and no, you don't wanna be a "test" subject lmao ....

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]




