Page 1 of 1

Beautiful Image of French Nuclear Test Codename "Canopus"

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:48 am
by us3rX
This shot was taken in 1968 by the French army in the Fangataufa atoll. Codenamed Canopus, it yielded 2600 kt. Although this picture, like many of the series, is a work of the French Army (as far as I know) this is an original scan from a hardcopy I possess, and processed to remove dust and scratches. A strange view on such paradise-like landscape... [url="http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Beautiful_Image_of_French_Nuclear_Test_Codename_Canopus_PIC"]Source[/url]

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=510672745&size=l"]http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=510672745&size=l[/url] <---- image =p

us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Beautiful Image of French Nuclear Test Codename "Canopus"

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 am
by Tami
wow....just....wow

What an incredible photo capture. Something I never want to see in real life, but still an incredible photo.

Beautiful Image of French Nuclear Test Codename "Canopus"

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:28 pm
by Marko
/ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

/coolthumb.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool1)' />

Beautiful Image of French Nuclear Test Codename "Canopus"

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 pm
by Jim
wow.