Page 1 of 1
Gday
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:41 pm
by Roujin
Hi
Im a 36 year old child in an adults body,
Im trying to learn to write games, i recently did a diploma in IT and was reassured that i would be doing C++ but when i signed up all i got was java and was told (after i paid my fee) that C++ was not in the lesson plan.
Ive discovered C# which i am really getting into the idea of as i can write XBox360 games in it (at least with XNA Game Developer).
If you reply to my posts please do not expect a quick response as i only get online once a week and then have to sort through 500 emails.
Im not interested in developing for playstation though as i have been ripped off one to many times by sony
Gday
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:49 pm
by Josh
Nice! I'm trying to work my way to a college to study 3D Animation & Visual Effects which will enable me to work in the games industry for animating through games and if I choose, a path down animating for film.
Welcome to the forums /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Gday
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 am
by Tami
Welcome to the community, Roujin. I don't programme, but I know people who do. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Gday
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:12 pm
by Tibs
Hey there, I don't program aswell but ... I know some people that know some people ... /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Gday
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:24 pm
by Marko
I programmed my VCR to record stuff.... a looong time ago. I'm sure that makes me a programmer, right? /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(nod)' />
Welcome to KN.
Gday
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:33 pm
by NightStorm
Did it record the right stuff?
Welcome to Killanet, Roujin /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Gday
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:50 pm
by Marko
Oh yeh. The trick is to start recording 10 minutes before the program starts, and 10 minutes after. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(nod)' />
So since I'm an accomplished programmer, do I get some sort of certificate of achievement?
Gday
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 am
by Tami
Shy's in charge of certifications....I'll send her a memo...if I remember.... /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Gday
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:05 am
by Marko
[quote name='Tami' post='40735' date='Sep 9 2007, 07:10 PM']Shy's in charge of certifications....I'll send her a memo...if I remember.... /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />[/quote]
I'll be checking my mail /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Gday
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:43 am
by ner0
Welcome to the forums =)
Good to see you're into programming etc. I'm more into the web scripting side of things really, though I guess it's pretty much the same /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />