Page 1 of 1

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:52 am
by Asha Nair
I cannot delete a selected portion in photoshop using the DEL key. I have to use a combination of DEL key and SHIFT key to delete. What should I do to delete by using DEL key?

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 am
by Sylo-X-
I believe you have to have the layer selected of the portion that your trying to use the delete key.

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:03 am
by Asha Nair
I just open an image in photoshop, then select a portion using the tool, and then press the del key. It will not be deleted. But, if I use both keys, it is deleted. This is the problem. I could delete using the DEL key before, but now it has changed to the above.

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:18 am
by Marko
Hmm, I'm not sure, this kind of thing never happened to me. Have you tried looking through the keyboard shortcuts to see if it changed to something else. /GGdunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(dunno)' />

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:24 am
by Asha Nair
OK, I will check it the next time I use the software. Thank you for the help.

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:56 am
by Sylo-X-
Also is the image locked?

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:43 am
by Asha Nair
No, the image is not locked. Just after we open it in photoshop, and then select a portion of that image, and pressing DEL key won't work. That's the problem. No response at all while we press DEL key.

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:02 pm
by Josh
It does seem like a key binding issue. Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts... In the top drop down menu, select "Photoshop Defaults" and see if this fixes your problem.

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:17 am
by ner0
I'd check the image is in the right colour mode, usually RGB...Image > Mode > RGB

Photoshop doubt

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:12 am
by Asha Nair
Thanks for all the advice and help. I will try with those settings.