Page 1 of 1

Realtime video conversion to flash video

Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:46 am
by mrmark01
Hi All, /help.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(help)' />


A colleague of mine asked me an Interesting question this morning. I thought I would pass it on to you wickedly talented people.

Basically she wants to be able to take a camera feed and convert it on the fly from it's native format
which I believe is Mpeg (don't hold me to that) to a flash video format .flv so it can be displayed on a
webpage.

I wasn't sure if that can be done. All I know about flv is that the big players like break.com and youtube are using it, and their content I believe is converted from .avi or mpeg to .flv before being played on the webpage.


Any help or information you can point us to would be greatly appreciated.