Page 1 of 1
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 am
by Tami
This photo was made using the [url="http://www.pixelvistas.com/photolift/photolift.html"]PhotoLift[/url] PS plugin. I didn't use a high-resolution photo, I believe it was 180. This filter would probably work alot better with RAW format than jpg, even though the creators of the plugin say it will work with jpg files. I found that the settings are very sensitive, and while that's a good thing, it quickly turned sections to either red or blue if the tonal areas (highlights, shadows, midtones) were adjusted above 0.
I used PhotoLift on the original photo, copied the layer, re-applied PhotoLift, then set the top layer to Multiply.
First is the altered photo, below that is the original.
[attachment=2977:attachment]
[attachment=2978:attachment]
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:50 pm
by Vercz
hmm, impressive. i think it looks a bit like a watercolor painting /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
i think its too dramatic, maybe somewhere in the middle of the two would provide an awesome photo? just what i think from looking at them.
none the less an impressive program, good find.
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:18 pm
by Tami
Yes, the 'somewhere in the middle' would produce a more normal, awesome photo, but I wanted something different. I imagine with the right settings, one could almost get an HDRI-like result.
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:49 pm
by Josh
Dramatic change and it really lifts those colors out of the piece! Amazing! I'd like to see the same effects in PhotoLift added to a different more simpler photograph. I think this photo has too many small details (like the leaves) for that heavy of an enhancement of color... I hope that doesn't offend you cause I don't want it to. /nerves.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nerves:' /> /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I, personally, want to see it done to one of these photo's /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/45864683/"]Mission Bridge[/url]
[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/41766774/"]Sharaton Hotel Vancouver[/url]
[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/43828916/"]Scarecrow Bear[/url]
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:22 pm
by Tami
Okay...here are some more photos done with PhotoLift. Two are Josh's requests; I didn't do Scarecrow Bear because I'm tired and it's going to be a busy weekend at the VFS Game Dev Expo.
[attachment=2979:attachment]
[attachment=2980:attachment]
[attachment=2981:attachment]
[attachment=2982:attachment]
[attachment=2983:attachment]
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 pm
by Josh
daaaaaaaaaaaaaang! That really adds a punch to them. :|
PhotoLift Test
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:32 pm
by Tami
Yeah...guess I'd better start saving my nickels, because I am fairly certain that I really need to purchase this filter /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />