Everlasting
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:09 am
The models were rendered and posed in DAZ Studio and then put into photoshop where I did a few post render touch ups. The first thing I did was to add the rays of light coming down from the top, adding shadow where her head is doping down and blocking the light from above. The light was made by creating the basic shape and using a white too transparent gradient and then bluring, using black instead of white for the shadow.
I wanted to give the idea of a heavnly presence coming down to take up the soul of the girl on the cross and added in the "pixie dust" swirling around her by using a stary brush and setting it to scatter as I drew, then used a lens flare and smudged it to give the "presence" at the bottom.
I used another render I had taken of her face up close and then faded this over the top of the image. This is meant to represent her soul being set free and going to a better place for all time with the soul being everlasting, hence the name of the peice.
Im pretty pleased with the 3D work in this image although I have to say DAZ does make it very easy work, all be it time consuming. Im not sure if the pixie dust is looking right yet and think that I might be able to get more from this peice if I leave it a day or so and come back with a fresh look at it. Comments and suggestions welcome.
[attachment=2848:attachment]
I wanted to give the idea of a heavnly presence coming down to take up the soul of the girl on the cross and added in the "pixie dust" swirling around her by using a stary brush and setting it to scatter as I drew, then used a lens flare and smudged it to give the "presence" at the bottom.
I used another render I had taken of her face up close and then faded this over the top of the image. This is meant to represent her soul being set free and going to a better place for all time with the soul being everlasting, hence the name of the peice.
Im pretty pleased with the 3D work in this image although I have to say DAZ does make it very easy work, all be it time consuming. Im not sure if the pixie dust is looking right yet and think that I might be able to get more from this peice if I leave it a day or so and come back with a fresh look at it. Comments and suggestions welcome.
[attachment=2848:attachment]