Page 1 of 1
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:09 pm
by Vercz
[color="black"]well im sure that most of us, by now, have Americas Army v2.4 (most, *cough*)
so the time is right, what are your opinions on it? has the new game engine made gameplay better? what are the new maps like? are there still as many noobs? is the training actually easier now?
i cant answer these questions yet, but i will when im able to.
you may also pose other questions to other fellow players, to see what they think.[/color]
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:35 pm
by Josh
Does anyone know how big the download is? I had to uninstall it because of it's size and that it lagged me really bad unfortunatly.
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:14 am
by Vercz
[color="black"]the previous versions were about 750MB, so i would be saying around the same (700-750MB)
/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> [/color]
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:25 pm
by Josh
*sighs* Is it still using the same engine? /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:57 pm
by Vercz
[color="black"]no, from my understanding its using a completely different game engine, as well as many other major changes. which is why it requires a whole new download, rather than an upgrade /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />[/color]
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:08 pm
by Josh
hmmm... I'll download it tomorrow maybe.. that is if I'm not annoyed by the gf constantly craving for attention rofl
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:00 am
by Vercz
[color="black"]actually i was wrong /angel_not.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(not)' />, at the time of posting that..i couldnt access the AA site, so i was guessing /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[quote name='americasarmy.com']For Windows Users :
AA:SF (Q-Course) v.2.4 (855 MB) - This is the full windows installation.[/quote][/color]
Americas Army 2.4
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:29 am
by Josh
lol; I have it downloaded and installed. It's basically the same.... I didn't see any improvements really. I'm still working on training so I haven't been on a server yet to see the lag it will give me.