Page 1 of 1

Streaming Music

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:11 am
by to@ds
Hey everyone, Ive been working on a portfolio site for the last few weeks that I want to complete before posting. In my gallery section Im having mixed media, one of which is going to be mp3's which are songs that I have created myself. I was wondering if anyone knows how to stream it to the user, and I also wanted to ask that if I just link straight to the mp3 file on the server will it just open in media player like a movie would?

Thanks guys a girls /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Streaming Music

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 am
by Sylo-X-
You could always set up a shoutcast station with Winamp. of course you would have to have your music playing all the time on your winamp. otherwise Im not sure.

Streaming Music

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:10 am
by Vercz
[url="http://www.thesitewizard.com/webdesign/backgroundmusic.shtml"]http://www.thesitewizard.com/webdesign/backgroundmusic.shtml[/url]

/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Streaming Music

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:08 pm
by Endo
Eww vercy. [url="http://nunzioweb.com/streaming_audio-example.htm"][link][/url] this is a tutorial to stream audio on your website using the WMP embed/object thingy, of course there is always the choice of using flash If you have it, theres lots of flash tutorials to make mp3 players /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Streaming Music

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:40 am
by to@ds
Thanks for the help guys. Think I've got it sorted now /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />