Page 1 of 1
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:49 pm
by Josh
Needs some work, but here's an hours worth of work. There are a lot of details that you cannot see as I've resized it to a small resolution. When I'm finished with it, I will post the high resolution. Here is the concept I guess..
[attachment=2364:attachment]
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:13 am
by Gadget
Looks very nice /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:28 pm
by Josh
Getting more complicated. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...I can tell I don't pay attention to the titles I put on my images. *looks at the last one and looks at the current one*
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:13 am
by Alexander
you wanna introduce me to the girl holding the fairy? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />, lol
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:05 am
by Josh
............. uh. My sister?
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:38 am
by Josh
dang...alex didn't reply to that. Oh well lol, anyway, that was a joke. I actually get my female stocks from someone on dA. ([url="http://lisajen-stock.deviantart.com/"]Lisajen-stock[/url]) Actually, the fairy the female is holding is the same exact person lol /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:25 am
by Tami
What type of background are you going to add? Also, (just a suggestion)...are you going to put a bit of a glow around the fairy?
The piece looks good so far, and I do see a bit of an improvement in the blending which we discussed last night. Did you make the tree yourself or is that part of the stock?
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:18 am
by Josh
The tree is a stock also. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I came up with something similar without a stock for the tree, but it didn't have as much detail as I wanted as the stock does, so I used that one instead and trashed what I had previously... The tree work is 1.5 hours of work. I've actually added a couple more roots than the original stock had.
edit; Oops, forgot to talk about the fairy. The fairy is going to be very detailed as to what is surrounding her. She will have some glows, some dust, and some more small little details that will really give her the fairy feel. Right now I've just added wings so she represents a fairy. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> lol
edit again; Yeah, and I forgot to talk about the background. The background is going to be stock images of woods combined and edited to look like it's all one image...not individual stock images. I'm not too sure how I want the lighting, I can always fix that with hue's, saturation, color balance, and contrast later though.
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:32 am
by Tami
don't forget to add little sparkly lights in the background so that your piece has that "magical" feeling to it /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:07 am
by Josh
MAGIC! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> YAY! /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Will do.
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:52 pm
by Josh
3.5 hours work all together with this next one.
[attachment=2373:attachment]
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:57 pm
by Josh
and I said let there be lotsa tree's!
[attachment=2374:attachment]
4 posts in a row =\ Anyway,,, 20 minutes later:
[attachment=2375:attachment]
(by the way, I made the female transparent a bit so you could see some of the detail I'm putting into the bottom of the trees)
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:55 pm
by Josh
[attachment=2376:attachment]
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:12 am
by Tibs
Looking really nice, I never saw anyone composite an image from other stock ones /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:02 pm
by Endo
Looking good josh, ATD makes the end result its best. Photo manips rock /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:12 am
by Sylo-X-
Its looking awesome, I cannt wait to see the finished piece
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:11 am
by Josh
*stumbles in coming back from camp* Thank you all /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:51 am
by Josh
[attachment=2391:attachment]
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:59 pm
by Gadget
/ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:33 pm
by Josh
Not very motivated to continue with this peice :\ ...Is anyone really dying to see the finished result? :\
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:12 pm
by Tami
/broomwack-shy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(broom)' />
finish it demmit /disgust.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(hmph)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:13 pm
by Josh
ROFL. Ouch. /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:11 am
by Sylo-X-
I was...If you dont finish it you better make something twice as cool...
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:11 am
by travis
Yeah, I was kinda checkin' up on the progress myself there Dren. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(nod)' />
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:23 am
by Josh
;\ ...fine.
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:47 pm
by to@ds
Im going to comment and give some C&C on this one but I was going to wait until the finished article before saying anything on it unless I had any ideas or comments useful for the creation process.
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:16 pm
by Josh
lol c&c away if you feel the need /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> I want this peice to look great in the end..if I ever get around to finishing it.
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:06 pm
by Josh
the last part..lighting and making the fairy the main focus of the peice...it's harder than I thought =\
[attachment=2405:attachment]
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:08 pm
by Jim
I kinda like the lighting ;\ but meh, probably the only one xD
Fairy In The Woods
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:15 pm
by Josh
still not done.. have to add highlights and shadows and gahhhhh it's not gonna be fun lol