Page 1 of 1
A flash site
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:15 am
by Sylo-X-
Endo got me inspired to start messing around with flash websites and I created this little thing. It isnt coded yet and not too stylish but its my first attempt.
[url="http://joeburton.kjbets.com/joessite.html"]http://joeburton.kjbets.com/joessite.html[/url]
A flash site
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:22 am
by travis
Looks pretty nice.
I say that because the site design is nice and flash is something I don't understand /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
A flash site
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:44 am
by ner0
I like it, only thing I'd change is the font.. little hard to read over here
Apart from that its coming along nicely /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' /> /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
A flash site
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:44 pm
by Sylo-X-
Hmmm. Ive never had a problem witht his text. Usually everyone loves it. But i updated it and now the new one looks kind of cooler i think
[url="http://joeburton.kjbets.com/flash"]http://joeburton.kjbets.com/flash[/url]
The only problem im having is puting content in. I know theres a way to make it load a text file into a dynamic text box but everythime ive tried it it dosnt work. hmm i dunno
A flash site
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:20 pm
by Josh
I think [url="http://www.kirupa.com/"]kirupa[/url] has a tutorial about loading external files into flash. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Don't hold me to it though.
A flash site
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:16 am
by Endo
Kirupa has some excellent flash tutorials. Take a read of the one about choosing the right fonts, also Sylo. Though i must say that font looks quite good and much better to the first version you posted. If you cant get the external txt to work, give me a PM, but first, I had this issue, url's need to be in quotes ( " ) ; I had this problem when I first started out, for example a button/text wanting to open a new window, or redirect would be
Code: Select all
on (release) {
getURL("www.killagraphix.com","_blank")
}
I find its something many tutorials expect you just to know.
A flash site
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:12 am
by Sylo-X-
Yeah i had the problem too. Every tutorial I went to didn't explain stuff step by step it was more like "do this then jump ahead to this" But I did get my text to work. I eneded up with something like this...
Code: Select all
on (release) {
loadVarsnum ("index.txt", cont)
}
And that would just call up that text file in the directory. And writing updates and blogs in a text file is more cleaner then HTML in my eyes O.o
A flash site
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:20 pm
by Endo
Well remember you can 'enable html tags' for the dynamic text box and use html in the text file /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
A flash site
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:34 pm
by Sylo-X-
of course...but html is so cluttered =( would xhtml work?
A flash site
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:21 am
by Endo
This [url="http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/newsflasher.htm"]Kirupa[/url] tutorial is a good one to look at. I dont think xhtml would work, but looking at this tutorial its not that complicated html, and at the end of the day, its only a few extra characters compared to just having a text file, at least this way gives you formatting options
A flash site
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:33 am
by Sylo-X-
Hmmm. Thanks for pointing me to the tutorial. Ill probobly deffinatly use it. Thanks for all the help too /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />