Page 1 of 1
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:46 am
by Gadget
Yay~! i won.
ok this weeks theme is 7 deadly sins. anything from anger to sloth.
ask why, and ill set a sniper on you, FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! but ok seriously, lets get this started.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:07 am
by Vercz
aaand a quick refresher for some people
superbia (hubris/pride)
avaritia (avarice/greed)
luxuria (extravagance, later lust)
invidia (envy)
gula (gluttony)
ira (wrath)
and acedia (sloth)
/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...wait a minute... invidia? o.0
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:29 am
by Gadget
=) is that all in latin?
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:58 pm
by Lee
Ummm... 7 deadly sins? I'm not getting it at all. Please explain a little more. Thank you =)
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:06 pm
by Sylo-X-
Heres the seven deadly sins in a nutshell...
Pope Gregory the Great described the seven deadly sins as sins that could not be forgiven without the need for the sacrament of Confession.
Heres my entry
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/bannercomp001.gif[/img]
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:01 am
by Lee
Aaahhhh I think I'll pass as I have no clue what this is. Goodluck to those who enter =)
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:21 am
by Gadget
No one?
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:05 am
by Lee
I would but I don't know any deadly sins as sins can be used differently such as religion sin or an assassin.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:37 am
by Gadget
Well, probarbly the easiest thing to do would be lust, because you can basically use a picture of a woman (or man if your a girl even though i know your not) and sexify it and call it lust. just use your imagination.
sorry but i should have made clear that u can use just one of the 7 deadly sins
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:27 pm
by Lee
Ok, I'll ask the question. Why did you choose the deadly sins? If I see a sniper, dont worry, I won't be going down first =)
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:31 pm
by Sylo-X-
I explained this i thought =\ Its religeion. Back[quote] in the old days there were thought to be seven relegious sins that would not be forgiven unless you were saved by the lord jesus christ
[quote]
aaand a quick refresher for some people
superbia (hubris/pride)
avaritia (avarice/greed)
luxuria (extravagance, later lust)
invidia (envy)
gula (gluttony)
ira (wrath)
and acedia (sloth)
[/quote]
Those are the seven deadly sins
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:54 pm
by Lee
Wow, I hope that really doesn't offend anyone as there are some people (like my folks who now want me off this website) that won't like this. I suggest a new contest if that is ok with other people or admin, cause now my folks are being weird and are looking on this website to see if I'm even on. This may be my last post =(
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:10 am
by to@ds
Here is my entry for the comp. It took me a while to think up of an idea for this one, Gadget picked a good topic I thought. I thought about loads of ordinary stuff like a girl for lust as mentioned before, food for gluttony, I even thought about using a picked of a Slothe (the slow guys who live in trees) for sloth but in the end I decided on something else.
My take on the comp is that mother nature is allways going to be able to punish man for his sins and destruction of the earth, and so I used wrath in the form of a volvano erupting. I googled an image and then used a couple of brushes to add abit more lava expoliding and then added an overlaying layer that I used to glass filter on to vibe up some of the red and oranges from the photo of the volcano.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:44 am
by Gadget
Pretty Kool.
And Lee, why would your parents want you off this site because there is comp about 7 deadly sins? unless they saw the girl for lust thing, and that isnt exactly porno.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:27 pm
by Scott
[quote name='Lee' post='33514' date='Jun 3 2006, 05:54 AM']Wow, I hope that really doesn't offend anyone as there are some people (like my folks who now want me off this website) that won't like this. I suggest a new contest if that is ok with other people or admin, cause now my folks are being weird and are looking on this website to see if I'm even on. This may be my last post =([/quote]
Perhaps if you can explain the problem you're folks have, we'll be able to clear it up? If not, maybe it's best to stay away from this competition. Personally, I can't see the problem, we've always said we're suitable for all audiences and I think this is quite safe (at least, all the entries so far have been.)
Any entry which we feel isn't suitable for all ages (>13), we'll remove. I can think of only 1 time we've ever had to do this and that was a considerable while ago.
Hope this gets straightened out, wouldn't want to see you go because of this /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:34 pm
by Gadget
Exactly
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:22 pm
by Sylo-X-
To@ds: That banner is freakin sweet!
Lee: I agree with Scott
Everyone else: Whats happenin?
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:36 pm
by to@ds
Yeah I'd have to agree with Scott, maybe you should just stay away from this comp Lee if your parents dont agree with it. Im sure that if you gave your old dears 20 mins to breeze around the forums they would see that this is most definatly a site aimed at pretty much all agies. I cant say as Ive ever seen anything on here that might be classed as offensive or distasteful (except for maybe the time I got into trouble for my quote, oopps!) And I know for a fact that there are definatly alot of graphics forums out there that allows images to be posted that would never, and I mean NEVER be allowed to be posted here! I personaly think that this weekes topic was a good one as meant the people who entered had to give abit of thought to their images which is allways good in my books /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:12 pm
by Josh
[attachment=2303:attachment]
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:01 pm
by Sylo-X-
Awesome banner dren
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:18 pm
by R4PTOR
Basically got an image via google image search then photoshopped the crap out of it. /shades.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />
My entry...
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:32 pm
by Gadget
Well, this comp is getting some great entries.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:57 pm
by Josh
Indeed it is. I know mine won't be voted for at all lol
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:28 am
by R4PTOR
umm... isn't this contest over?
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:21 am
by Josh
See [url="http://www.killagraphix.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=6710&view=findpost&p=33609"]here[/url]
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:32 pm
by R4PTOR
Ok, so that mean's what? That doesn't show anything being done about this...
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:41 pm
by to@ds
It says the competition is being held open another week so people can finish their entries.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:13 am
by LATIN
Heres one of the nicer sins hehe good topic for the contest
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:19 am
by R4PTOR
[quote name='to@ds' post='33688' date='Jun 18 2006, 12:41 PM']It says the competition is being held open another week so people can finish their entries.[/quote]
See, now I personally don't think that is a good idea. Weekly (or anything else) competitions are held for a certain time period for people to try and get the best result in that time period. It's not so much about who can do the best work, it's who can do the best in that time period.
Banner Competition 85
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:13 am
by Tami
Both contests will close tonight.