Page 1 of 1
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:24 am
by Paradox
I hope this is the correct section for this, but just recently, I thought I might want to start making music via the computer, so I got this freeware called "Gungirl Sequencer". After using it, I released it doesn't have any sounds of instruments or anything included, do they distribute packages filled sounds that would be good for this kind of tool? Or do I have to make the sounds myself or get it from random sources? If I need a kind of package, can someone show me where to get a free one and give me a URL or something? Thanks in advance!
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:31 am
by Josh
I'm not sure how all of it works, honestly, but when I joined a forum and just kind of lurked they gave critique to some people and said that their instrument samples aren't realistic enough :\ So apparently there's something called instrumental samples that people use in software. Most of them were using Fruity Loops software though... I don't think that's free though :\ Actually, let me take a look at a book I have to see what program they use on that. I think it's free, but don't hold me to it.
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:31 am
by Paradox
Thanks Dren! You are very helpful!
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:50 pm
by Josh
I haven't tried the software yet, but here is what my book says,
"Audacity- Audacity is an excellent sound editor that is available for free."
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:06 pm
by Paradox
Sweet! But if it's a sound editor, I need to have to the sounds in order to edit it./cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:34 pm
by Josh
LOL... Yeah, that would be obvious /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> If it doesn't come with the software then do a google search for sound samples... Not sure how much it will return for you though :S
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm
by Endo
I played with a ringtone creator once that allowed me to use different instruments, thought it was trialware, and I cant remember the name; I think for what your looking for you will struggle to find what your wanting for free, but id suggest trying [url="http://www.cakewalk.com/homemusicians.asp"]Cakewalk[/url] trial as its exactly what your wanting...just perhaps not price wise 8-)
Music help
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:59 pm
by Josh
Yes, I was going to suggest Cakewalk but I knew once he looked at the price the software was out of the picture lol. My father bought Cakewalk way back when and I have an old version of it....I want the newer versions, but the price is SO steep lol.
Music help
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 am
by Gadget
Without looking, im guessing in excess of 700 GBP