HDRI
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:57 pm
Well looking at a lot of realistic 3D renders, they all state that they are using HDRI lighting in their render. I thought I'd give it a shot and I'm amazed at how real this looks.. The reflections, the lighting, the shadowing..wow!
For those of you who do not know what HDRI is...
[quote name='Google']High Dynamic Range Image
A 2D image stored in a file format with a greater range of luminance values than a standard bitmap image. HDR images are often used as environment maps in image-based lighting techniques to create subtle, real-world lighting effects.[/quote]
Well there ya go..now ya know what it is. Here it is:
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/Realistic_Lighting.jpg[/img]
Render Time: 2 Minutes
For those of you who do not know what HDRI is...
[quote name='Google']High Dynamic Range Image
A 2D image stored in a file format with a greater range of luminance values than a standard bitmap image. HDR images are often used as environment maps in image-based lighting techniques to create subtle, real-world lighting effects.[/quote]
Well there ya go..now ya know what it is. Here it is:
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/Realistic_Lighting.jpg[/img]
Render Time: 2 Minutes