Page 1 of 1

Php

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:34 pm
by Josh
Okay, this makes no sense to me... They say:

[quote]All you have to do is make a file *.php and put your php scripts in there![/quote]

Uhm, it doesn't work :S I already tried! I did something simple:
  • Opened a new HTML document (Making a PHP Document it didn't list..)
  • Erased all basic coding automatically put in it ( ect..)
  • Saved file as a Testing.PHP file...
  • Went to a PHP Script site.. and entered the following into my document:
[quote]

  PHP Test


Hello World'; ?>

[/quote]
  • Then I hit the preview button..
  • What do I get? A Blank page...
Now why doesn't this work? :S Do I need some kind of PHP editor?

Thanks in advance
~Josh

Php

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:20 pm
by Electrix
Try removing the <p> tags in the echo, if does not work, say so here.

Php

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:27 pm
by Josh
no workie /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Php

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:52 am
by xxstaineds0ul
You can't use the preview button in Dreamweaver to see PHP unless you have PHP/apache installed on your computer. You need to upload it to a server that has PHP and preview it from there.

Php

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:37 am
by Scott
Might want to try using " instead of ', or print instead of echo, either should work <_<

Php

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:32 am
by Peter007
the code is good, dont change it, but as like xxstaineds0ul said you need to host the file on a server with php installed or have apache and php installed on your pc

download apache from [url="http://apache.org"]http://apache.org[/url]
download php from [url="http://php.net"]http://php.net[/url]