Page 1 of 1

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:17 pm
by Josh
I worked on this all day today... Could I have some feedback please?


[size=0]88 KB[/size]
[attachment=411:attachment]
[size=0]88 KB[/size]

edit: lol... I was going to add this on the final layout but ok..

Credit goes to sp3c for the orb rofl

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:02 am
by Sp3culuM
coughorbcoughcreditscoughcoughcough /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Looks good, but it still has blurry bits! *stab*, you need to clean/sharpen it up a bit (and no, I don't mean use that silly sharpen filter!). Also, consider a different background, maybe a gradient or a pattern, the grey seems a bit dull and the content seems to represent itself differently from the header and nav.

Good work, keep it up. I still prefer the 1st concept you were showing me with the semi circle though /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:08 am
by ner0
looking good Josh, 'cept for the stuff rob said

gj /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:50 am
by Josh
[attachment=412:attachment]

This is what Sp3c is talking about.. The half circle was presenting a lot of problems and just wasn't co-operating very nicely with me. I really did like the idea though.

Yes, sp3c made the orb.. He showed me how I could do it but I failed with flying colors! =D

Believe it or not, the background is a gradient.. It's just a very well hidden one at that lol, I can fix it though =)

Sp3c: What do you mean by content representing itself differently? You mean in the middle or everything BUT the header?


Blurry blurry blurry... I don't know-- I'm for some reason not liking the 'not blurry' concept. and I haven't blurred anything in that img so far.. *stabs selection tool*


I will attach a revision here soon.. thnx so far for the feedback, Any more volunteers want to give me feedback?

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:59 pm
by RuffRyders
Looks great to me good work /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:41 am
by Sp3culuM
[quote name='Joshypoos']Sp3c: What do you mean by content representing itself differently? You mean in the middle or everything BUT the header?[/quote]

The content boxes have a seperate header to them, so they look like boxes, but 'cause you've blurred the buttons at the top and the header image together it's a different style. The two don't seem to fit, to me at least.

Layout ~ Improvments/Suggestions/Comments?

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:04 am
by Josh
Ah ok

edit:

Okay so here it is! Oh and could someone please help me saving in .GIF format? For some reason it's screwing the image up (I've never had this problem for a while now) and if you don't see the image being screwed up, look at the main orbs coloring in the header..

[attachment=420:attachment]