Page 1 of 1

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:30 pm
by mobil1_oils
For ages it has amazed me where people get the inspiration for their online aliases, and today i thought i would create this thread to find out why alot of you chose your online alias.

I was originally known on MSN as Holden_Man_01, then i realised there was someone else with a similar nick and i was getting confused with him, so i changed it to something else (i really can't remember what) and it was also in use by someone else. So i decided that... being the revhead i am, i would change my online name to "mobil1_oils" ... as it was unique, i had not seen it anywhere else, and i don't think i will see it anywhere else for a while.

But thats my story, lets hear yours /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:38 pm
by Josh
Uhm... well the stork brought me to mom and then mom decided to call me "Joshua" so uhm.. when I started growing up and finding out about the internet I just went by uhm.. "Josh" /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' /> errrmm... I don't have a creative imagination so I can't really think of names. But I do also go by the nick 'S0RD3N' on the internet and that was inspired by my local music store and decided to make it all 3l l33to and stuff and that's how I got it lol

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:51 pm
by king_of_hearts
Haha, this is a funny subject for me. Back on msn ages ago I was had a script kiddie name, for about 2 or 3 months i uses: teenhackercraker or something to that effect, I was such a stupid little kid. I had no skills of any of the subject of my nick and was just for shock value. Soon after I switched to some other odd names. I got into anime and rping and found myself useing king_of_hearts from an called anime: G Gundam and it just kinda stuck. I really have not clue how long i've used this nick but its been for a very long time. Its what most my online friends call me (besides noilld =P) and it gives me some pride. =)

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:07 pm
by Josh
[quote name='king_of_hearts' date='sometime today ;s']I was such a stupid little kid[/quote] ..... was?

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:11 pm
by king_of_hearts
yeah yeah >.> i'm stupid, ok. but not as stupid as josh, XD he takes the cake. j/k =) you know i love you, not in that weird way either :| XD

*runs off and dives into a pool of sugar* weee

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:18 pm
by Josh
Well I love /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> mobes /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:23 pm
by mobil1_oils
Awww shux, i love you too hun /blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(blush)' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:37 pm
by Tom
* thinks king has gone mad


opps did i say that

* cough * edit *cough *

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 pm
by Josh
/yeahright.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(yeah)' /> uhhhmm....


[edit]
what did you edit? i dont see any diff?
[/edit]

EDIT

I EDITED THE LAST PART OF YOUR POST

[/EDIT]

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:42 pm
by RuffRyders
A friend gave me this nick because supposedly OzSkater and SurferGuy weren't "cool" nicknames and they were too original.

I've thought several times about changing my nick just haven't because so many people know me as RuffRyders.

Anyway got to cut it short because I've gotta fly.

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:51 pm
by Endo
Ive been a few names back on msn, then just stuck with Shane, then when i came to irc i felt like a different name..I randomly chose this one (endophyte) from where i heard in ag and i just kept it.. Nephron was plucked from a science text book also /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:54 pm
by Vercz
oh gosh..where shall i start, well i guess it was msn, when i used to build a new script every week, so i had names like Misterical, OldSchool, Shamrock, and a few others..cant remember... then when i joined TG i thought i would grab a half decent on, so i went with "TheVercz" ..its just my nickname round places, vercz..so i went with that, and everyone just called me vercz anyways..so i got attached to it /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

...and theres my life story /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:28 am
by RuffRyders
heh I remember when you were called OldSchool, Shamrock and TheVercz was quite some time ago /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:51 am
by Wingx
erm i used to use "wing zero" but as the name wasn't "leet" enough i changed it to Wingx. That's all folks

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:00 am
by Tibs
The first nick I had was Ares as you all know, I was astonished by the greek and roman mythology and knew quite a lot about it. After a while I began thinking that the nick was a bit unpersonal. That was teh time I changed to Tibs, I came up with this after a friend started calling me that. I think it's better then Ares cause it's more personal. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I know some off youstill call me Ares and I don't really mind actually but I like Tibs more /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:21 pm
by RuffRyders
Okay Ares /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:55 pm
by mobil1_oils
You were warned that if you changed your name you would always be called Ares anyway /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> .

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:12 am
by to@ds
Hmmm, Ive had loads of names over the years, ever since I get the internet in 94. My first name was Evil Giraffe, purely for comedy reasons. The next name I started to use was Purple Haze, cus its one of my favourite Jimmy Hendrix tracks. I stuck both of these names for about a year. Then I was watching a horse racing programe on TV, and they were on about how they get the names for horses. They basicly take two random words, that mean nothing together, but conjure up an image in your head, and so BLUEmilk came about. I used this name for about 4-5 years, and still have a few accounts on sites under that name. Last but not least, is to@ds.

This one came about when my friend Cairns started to call it me, as my sir name is Rhodes. He just came out with it one day, and now its stuck. All my mates call it me, and myself and Cairns even managed to convince a friend that to@ds is my sirname, but he dosent know it isnt, see keep it under your hats /zipped.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(zip)' /> Who knows maybe he will never know the secret of my true Identity! Kind of makes me feel like Bruce Wayne/Batman

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:36 am
by RuffRyders
Cans and Roads insteresting names along with your previous nicknames aswell.

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:13 am
by Kretz
Well, I've had quite alot (actually Ive had like 50) names during the time Ive been on MSN/IRC only. I started out at the swedish teen rooms at msn where I called myself all sorta stuff...I think I used •Playboy• most of the time... Then when I started scripting, I wanted a better name...so I came up with Violent_Mushroom for some reason... then it changed to Violent_Virus, couse that was the name of the script I was creating atm. Then I just called myself Virus... after that I had all kinds of odd nicknames, since I had a bunch of people that realy didnt like me since I ruined like 20 of their channels on MSN... after that...I just wanted a simple and short name...so I went with Kretz...since thats my last name anyway.... Well...thats the "short" story of my name(s)...

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:03 am
by Daemon
Was using 2 nicknames since about msn started, "Chaos Generation" (my favourite greek punk band) wich later i changed to "Chaos" and Daemon as im always in the backround doing something, also see daemons in greek mythology. As for hosting on msn i was using my real name.


[quote]Posts: 2
Joined: 16-June 04[/quote]

Guess im too much in the backround /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:31 am
by Baralai
well my first nick was tidus, cuz i was mega in love with final fantasy 10 (wub)
then to Baralai cuz final fantasy 10-2 came out and baralai rocked lol /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> so basicly i got my names of my fav games /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Bara

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:47 pm
by RuffRyders
*Waits for the next final fantasy game to come out to see if Baralai changes his name*

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:25 pm
by mobil1_oils
I actually contemplated calling myself Squall once, he is the main character from Final Fantasy VIII (8).

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:53 pm
by Baralai
lol would of suited u /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Bara

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:58 pm
by mobil1_oils
Thanks lol, i thought so too... any particular reason? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.

FFVIII was the only FF that managed to get me completely and utterly hooked.

Why did you choose your nickname?

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:08 pm
by Marko
well my first nickname was DéMoN, i wrecked a few msn channel with that nick,usually it was revenge or they deserved it lol. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I donno why i chose it, it just kinda poped into my head.

then on fine msn day i decided to use HoaX`, again poped into my head for no aparent reason, well not that i can remember, so i've kinda stuck with that.