Page 1 of 1

Infamous Bouncing Ball

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:19 am
by Josh
Hey everyone!

I've been sort of playing around with animation here lately with some simple objects. One of them is a ball. Now pretty much every animator will study a bouncing ball and perfect it's bounce! I'm doing this without any training, and by that I mean I'm just studying a ball bouncing and trying to replicate it's bounce. I don't have a school telling me to do this, I just wanted to do it. So my resources have mainly just been my previous knowledge of how to do key frame animation and that's about it. Anyways.... I just want some critique on these two animations. I know, the second one is really short so if you don't want to give me any feedback on that one -- it's fine. I would really like some critique on the first one though. It took me about a day to complete.

[url="http://vimeo.com/7439747"]http://vimeo.com/7439747[/url]
[url="http://vimeo.com/7419380"]http://vimeo.com/7419380[/url]

Thank youuuu! :)

Josh (:

Infamous Bouncing Ball

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm
by Marko
I think for your first video, the ball hangs in the air for slightly too long (Beginning bounces). Then between the 8-9 second mark, when bouncing it seems to bounce ever so slightly less than it should. Aside from that, nice animation.

The second video, I think is spot on.

Nice job (Y)

Infamous Bouncing Ball

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am
by Tami
Towards the end on the first video, the bounce sequence seems to end too quickly, and as Marko said, it seems to hang a bit. The second video is good, the ball even collapses a bit on impact and seems much more realistic. :)

Infamous Bouncing Ball

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm
by Josh
Thanks for the feedback you two! I'm going to keep on polishing the first animation after I get some projects done for school... Making the bouncing ball animation is so fun! :)