Page 2 of 2

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:19 am
by Ambiguity
I think I still endeed up with on triangle.

WireFrames:

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 am
by Tibs
Ok try something like this, can you post a shot where I can see the points? Just straight from c4d, not rendered.

PS: maybe join the chat room? would be easier to help you out.

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:28 am
by Ambiguity
How do I join the chat room?

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 am
by Tibs
If you have Mirc you go to

/server irc.publicservicesonline.com (6667)

and join #killagraphix

otherwise you go here

[url="http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html"]http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html[/url]

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:35 am
by Ambiguity
[quote name='Tibs' post='40330' date='Aug 13 2007, 06:31 AM'][url="http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html"]http://www.killanet.net/new_chat/index.html[/url][/quote]
I think I need the Activex plugin for that, but when I go to the download page for it they don't have one for Mozilla 2.0+.
Do you have an MSN IM account?

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:40 am
by Tibs
Check your PM inbox /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:47 am
by Josh
Ambiguity, if the ActiveX doesn't work for you, you can always try out Javachat here: [url="http://publicservicesonline.com/chat/"]http://publicservicesonline.com/chat/[/url] We're in the #Killagraphix chatroom /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:52 am
by Ambiguity
I finally figured it out guys, thanks for all the help everyone.

WireFrame /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' /> :
[url="http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtj3.png"][img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6538/untitledtj3.th.png[/img][/url]

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:21 am
by Marko
That looks pretty good. Except, where's the rest of the car? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 am
by Tibs
Glad to see it worked out. You do have a rim that's quite heavy on poly's.

Anyway good job.

Tire thread tutorial.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:22 pm
by Ambiguity
The edges of the rim come out way too straight without the Hyper NURBS.